Every time I go to a new client to help them organize in Parkland, Coral Springs or Boca Raton, I bring my black and white bag. I've gotta admit that sometimes I feel like Mary Poppins because my bag seems to hold a lot of what I need. Clients are always surprised when I take out just the right supply from my bag.
One time, I was helping a client move a bunch of boxes and his apartment door would automatically shut and lock behind him. He said, "I really need a door stopper." I replied, "Oh, I have one of those."
Yesterday I was with a client who had a bunch of random keys in her desk drawer. I said, "Let's figure out which keys go where and label them. I have some key rings with labels in my bag."
My point is, it's always very satisfying as an organizer to pull out *just* the right supply from my bag of tricks.
Below is a complete list of what I currently keep in my bag for organizing. Even if you are not a professional organizer, you could benefit from having some of these items available for organizing your own belongings.
My Professional Organizer Bag Supplies
- Pens, Highlighters, Pencils, and Sharpies
- Painters Tape, Shipping Tape, Scotch Tape
- Large Tape Measure and Small Flexible Tape Measure
- Stapler with Extra Staples and Staple Remover
- Label Maker with Extra Batteries and Tape
- Box Cutters and Letter Openers
- Post-Its, Notecards, Stickers
- Ziplocs (Snack Size, Sandwich Size, Quart Size, 1 Gallon, 2 Gallon, Large and X-tra Large Sizes)
- Trashbags (Standard 13 Gallon and Industrial Size)
- Furniture Sliders for both Carpet and Hardwood or Tile
- Zip Ties (Various Sizes for Cords and Securing Things)
- Rubber Bands, Paper Clips, Key Labels
- Heavy Duty Work Gloves
- Plastic Gloves
- Shoe Covers (to wear for clients who don't like shoes in their house)
- Tylenol and Allergy Meds
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Hand Wipes
- Phone Charger
- Business Cards
- Back Brace
- Belted Tool Belt to Hold My Phone, Keys, Scissors and a Box Cutter
Depending on the client, I also bring...
- Boxes and a Dolly
- Rolling Crate
- Paper, Files Folders, and Binders for Organizing Paper Work
- Tools - Drill, Drill Bits, Screws, Tool box
- My Computer (If we are doing a Budget or Working on Digital Organizing)